Free Ebook To Help You Learn How To Get Started With Freelance Writing
Are you looking to learn how to get started with freelance writing? Let me tell you a little story about how I started my freelance writing career. I’m sure you will relate to several parts of my journey, and learning about my journey will help you with yours.
6-years ago, I was working my cute little buns off to try and move forward in the corporate world. Despite my love for the company I worked for, I had a few grievances, which were as follows:
- my pay was a bummer,
- raises were always small,
- promotions at my company were few and far between,
- my job was super inflexible, and
- I wasn’t doing what I loved (writing).
One day, I decided to stop complaining about it all the time. I resolved to something about it, and I started moonlighting as a freelancer. I took all the necessary steps to build my blog/website, started writing for a small content mill, and worked to build my writing portfolio.
Eventually, I was on track to make a living as a freelance writer, but I didn’t take the plunge right away. Why? Because I was scared.
Fear raged through my mind in the form of questioning self-doubt:
- Would I really be able to make a living as a full-time freelance writer?
- Was quitting my 9-5 irresponsible?
- How would I get insurance?
- What if I never got any more clients?
- What if my writing sucked so big time super bad and my clients hated everything I wrote?
- Was it really a good idea to quit a stable job and put all my bets on my passion for writing?
I think everyone who is on the verge of going for their dreams feels this sense of anxiety and fear. I’m here to assure you that if you are fearful, a) that’s okay…it’s normal, and b) there really is no reason to fear because…
YOU CAN DO IT!
I worked through the fear, quit my job, and built my freelance writing career, and you know what? It’s been the best decision of my life. I now:
- make more than 10X what I did at any of my previous corporate jobs,
- have the flexibility to both work and stay at home with my kids,
- like my job,
- am my own boss,
- become a better writer each day,
- and have enough money to do the things I want (like have a housekeeper).
Anyway, I basically think freelance writing is the coolest job ever, and if you are thinking about freelancing, I’m here to tell you it will change your life for the better. Of course, it takes hard work to start, but it’s worth it.
To help you start (and help you avoid the rabbit holes I went down), I’ve written an ebook, “The Ultimate Guide To Starting Your Freelance Writing Career.” This ebook will layout the process of how to start a freelance writing career and give you action items to help you go from zero to having a thriving business.